Friday, August 17, 2012
ANTHRAX Wake Up NASA's Curiosity & Become First Metal Band To Have Its Music Played in Mars (The Planet)!
"Got The Time," from the band's 1990 Gold-certified 'Persistence of Time', was one of several songs on NASA's wake-up playlist for the Mars Rover, Curiosity, that touched down on the Red Planet August 5. "Got The Time" woke Curiosity up on Day Six, along with "Echelon" by 30 Seconds to Mars. Since Curiosity's Mars landing, the playlist has also included The Beatles' "Good Morning Good Morning," the theme from "Star Wars," and Wagner's "The Ride of the Valkyries."
As Anthrax's Scott Ian put it, "Yes, there will be moshing on Mars."
Next on Anthrax's Planet Earth agenda is a Fall co-headline tour with Testament, with Death Angel supporting. This will be Leg Three of the Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel hat-trick, and will mark Anthrax's first tour of Canada in support of the band's most recent release, 'Worship Music', called the Metal Album of the Year by an abundance of journalists (including Horns Up Rocks!).
Added Ian, "With Testament and Death Angel before, we played sold-out shows, raging crowds and EPIC war dances, and we can't wait to do it again, especially for our Canadian fans who have been waiting a long to time 'worship music' with us."
Several NEW dates have been added to the thrash-fest routing, including shows in Chicago, Detroit, Hartford and Atlantic City. The complete itinerary is below.
And if that's not enough Anthrax news for you, Anthrax's bassist, Frank Bello, will attend the premiere of "Greetings From Tim Buckley" at next month's Toronto Film Festival. Bello made his feature film debut in the supporting role of Punk Rock legend Richard Hell in the film that stars Penn Badgley of "Gossip Girl" fame. Bello auditioned for the role on a Thursday, was cast on Friday, and reported to the set the following Monday, the morning after Anthrax's big Yankee Stadium concert last September with The Big Four.
With the NEW dates added, the complete itinerary for the Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel thrash-fest are as follows:
- 14: Ace of Spades in Sacramento, CA
- 15: Roseland Theatre in Portland, OR
- 16: Toyota Arena in Kennewick, WA
- 17: Knitting Factory in Spokane, WA
- 19: The Showbox @ The Market in Seattle, WA
- 20: Vogue Theatre in Vancouver, BC
- 21: MacEwan Hall Ballroom in Calgary, AL
- 22: Events Center in Edmonton, AL
- 24: The Odeon in Saskatoon, SK
- 25: Burton Cummings Theatre in Winnipeg, MB
- 27: Vic Theatre in Chicago, IL
- 28: Harpo's Concert Theatre in Detroit, MI
- 29: Danforth Hall in Toronto, ON
- 30: Capitole du Quebec in Quebec City, QC
- 2: Metropolis in Montreal, QC
- 3: State Theatre in Portland, ME
- 4: Webster Theatre in Hartford, CT
- 5: Wellmont Theatre in Montclair, NJ
- 6: House of Blues in Atlantic City, NJ
Join the revolution, contribute to our Indiegogo campaign! Click HERE: www.indiegogo.com/hornsup
ANTHRAX's Official Site